Sometimes it helps to write things down. For those inside of Word of Faith Fellowship (WOFF), it may not be prudent for you to write down your reasons, so allow me to do this for you. After all, writing things down can bring clarity and helps you focus. Of course, I am out and have been for several years. What I write may not be exactly your reason, but it may come close. These are in no particular order.
1. You are tired of being told what to do in every part of your life including how to dress, where to work, where to live, what car to drive, who to love, who to hate, who is your “friend”, who is your “enemy”…
2. You see the shallowness of the alternate WOFF-reality and crave genuine relationships based on true character and not someone’s interpretation of your thoughts, your desires, your world…
3. You are not happy with the guilt of actually not believing what you are supposed to believe.
4. You did not choose WOFF- someone else chose it for you.
5. You see the charade for what it is and need a fresh and new start to find out who you really are and who you want to become.
6. You are tired of being broke- financially.
7. You are tired of working for free or minimal pay.
8. You are tired of being broken- emotionally.
9. You are tired of being told you are full of sin and living on the edge of intense correction over the simplest of things.
10. You want your own cell phone- not subject to search.
11. You want to finish college, but were told it’s not the “will of God.”
12. You are tired of hiding the WOFF secrets.
Continue reading Your Reasons to leave WOFF? Here is a start…